Tuesday, January 18, 2011

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, i don't know how people keep up with everything in their lives. I finally finished Donna's purse, all I need is the binding on my crazy tree skirt that will get used Christmas 2011, I haven't finished the diaper bag for my friend who had her sweet baby girl last month, and blah, blah, blah. That is how I feel. I feel like I can't be a great teacher, a great wife and mother, a great seamstress, a great housekeeper all at one time. I wish my house was clean all the time and when I got home from work, I could make dinner, clean up, play with my kids and sew a little, but unfortunately life doesn't work that way, does it? Some of these blogging ladies make it seem like it does and I feel inadequate.

I was ready to throw away my Brother sewing machine the other day. My mother bought herself a new Janome...a Lexus in the sewing world, and I wanted to have that machine that day. My Brother has been sewing so weird and there was no way I was going to continue sewing a beautiful diaper bag for a perfectionist with weird stitching, so I stopped. Luckily, my mom came over and took it all apart and cleaned it (apparently you are supposed to do that because a) lint collects in the feed bed and b) I live in the Central Valley with a ridiculous amount of dust. It is working just fine now! Thanks Mom!

After I quit the diaper bag for the time being, I started a quilt kit that I got in Long Beach at the Quilt Festival from the Pincushion Boutique. I'll post pictures when I am finished. I love it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment